1. My great grandfather invented the first polaroid and clock radio! His factories were right here in Chicago :)
2. I’ve won the Chicago’s couple’s choice award 2 years in a row! Shoutout to my amazing past clients <3
3. I got my MA in education, and have taught in Chicago Public Schools :) I have a passion for education, and both learning from and mentoring others. Communication is my jam
4. I was hired as a consultant for an education technology company funded by Mark Cuban! They were on Shark Tank and have an amazing mission <3
5. My mother runs Classic Wedding Car, a vintage Rolls Royce wedding rental company! She has been running the show on her own for over 30 years with an amazing business model, and I truly admire and have learned everything about working well with others from her.
6. My dad has a radio show, a doctorate in pharmacy, and is basically the most outgoing, funny guy. He owns a chain of pharmacies that compounds medicine for pets and people. I worked in his lab for 6 years :)
Nationally Published, & Voted Best of Chicago Wedding Photographers by Shutterfly, Wedding Wire, and more in 2018 and 2019.
WOO HOO! You’re engaged!! This is such an exciting time in your life :) I know you want it to be captured perfectly, and so do I!
I always go above and beyond for my clients! You may hear me cracking jokes, reminding you of your fondest memories to get those amazing, genuine smiles. What I often hear is that my couples have fun with me in our sessions! I have been mentored and trained by a talented bunch, and have become an expert in posing couples and families, so you will never have to worry about what to do once you're in front of the camera. I’ll coach you through poses with words of encouragement, and simply capture your natural beauty along the way :)
I enjoy photographing moments, be it a glint of light in the trees, a proposal, a first glance, or the in-between happenings of each frame. I believe in capturing natural, fresh, joyful images between you and your loved ones to cherish forever; the kind you hang on the walls of your home, and pass down for generations. I tend to act like a fly on the wall during ceremonies and receptions to seek out those timeless reactions, while still incorporating that upbeat, personal touch with your guests. Just be yourself, enjoy, and I’ll capture the glow.
If you think you may like to work together, I am so honored and thrilled that we have made it to the next step! Click the “let’s chat,” button to inquire about wedding day packages, and so we can get to know each other a little bit better. I can’t wait to connect with you :)
I would love to get to know you!
About the Mandelette
Behind the Name:
My Great Grandfather, Louis Mandel, and his brother, Mandel Mandel (who changed his first name for marketing purposes), invented the Mandelette, the first self-developing film camera. This camera was the most widely distributed street camera in the world, paving the way for photographers to make a living from their craft. The Mandelette would later become the prototype for what has become the modern Polaroid camera. The most famous, and pictured model was a postcard making, ferrotype processing, film camera. The direct positive image originated from Louis Mandel's inventive process. My late grandfather, Gerald Mandel, worked in the Mandel Camera factory following the Great Depression, and I am honored to be following in my family's footsteps of creating memorable images.