Hi there! I’m Rachel: aka your friendly neighborhood natural light magician :) Just wanted to introduce myself and share a few fun little details to help us get to know each other better!
Want to be the next #MandeletteCouple?
Inquire through my contact form here :)
Meet Rachel Mandel: Lead Photographer
I always go above and beyond for my clients! I specialize in natural light and indoor flash photography, so your photos will look amazing no matter the location :) I am an expert at posing couples and families, yet capturing candid reactions by cracking cheesy jokes to get those natural, genuine smiles. You may even find yourself having fun with me! You’ll never have to worry about what to do in front of the camera, and you will always look your best. Just be yourself, enjoy, and I’ll capture the glow :)
I enjoy capturing moments: be it a glint of light through the trees, surprise proposal, or a sentimental tear shed on the most important day of your life thus far. I love being there for my clients, and it makes me so happy when you not only love your images, but when you look at the photos that adorn your home, and relive your memories for generations to come. I am a happy-go-lucky, bubbly gal who can’t wait to hear from you and all about your wedding vision!
1. I love to write and listen to music! Old jazz and indie folk are among my favorite genres :)
2. I was a naturalist for years, and I can identify tons of different trees and plants!
3. I have a masters degree in education, and have taught in CPS all over Chicago!
4. I got into photography in 2011, and it has been a blessing ever since :)
5. I was once voted “most likely to save the world.” I love to raise money for charity, and have organized charity events since 2006!
6. My parents both own successful businesses (a small compounding pharmacy chain and luxury wedding car rental business). I worked for both of them for years, and continue to learn so much from them! I am super close with all of my family members, and we still host family dinners once per week :)
Behind the Name | The Mandelette Camera
My great grandfather, Louis Mandel, was an inventor in Chicago. My late grandfather, Gerald Mandel, worked in his camera factory, where they produced the Mandelette, the world’s most widely distributed street camera in the 1920s-1940s. Louis invented many things, including the clock radio and penny loan, which was intended to help struggling heads of households become independent business owners with the camera. (Pictured below is Louis in his depression-era ad). I am honored to carry on the family legacy of creating memorable imagery and helping photographers grow into successful business owners :)